Homestyle Corned Beef with Honey Mustard Glaze and CabbageFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound corned beef brisket shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 6 to 8 carrots, peeled and cut in large chunks shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven, cook corned beef according to package directions. If your corned beef doesn't come with a spice packet, I add a tablespoon of pickling spice to mine)
- About 20 minutes before corned beef will be done, add cabbage wedges and carrots. . Cook until done to your liking.
- Remove corned beef from cooking water and place on broiler pan.
- Combine honey and 1 tablespoon mustard.
- Brush top of corned beef with HALF the honey mixture.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Brush with remaining glaze and broil 2 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine softened butter with dill weed. Spread over veegetables. (I usually just melt the butter and combine with the dill and drizzle this over)
- Serve corned beef with vegetables.