Stuffed Peppers - HealthyDietFrom suberloui 7 years ago
- 2 big sweet red peppers/capsicum shopping list
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shopping list
- 3 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil shopping list
- 1 vegetable stock shopping list
- ½ onion shopping list
- 1 teasp. fresh chopped basil shopping list
- fresh thyme - amount up to you shopping list
- ½ teasp. paprika shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- a pinch of pepper shopping list
- 1 part garlic shopping list
- 1 tablesp. chopped sundried tomatoes shopping list
- chili powder - amount up to you shopping list
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 15 black olives - seedless shopping list
- 1 green pepper/capsicum shopping list
- 10 mushrooms shopping list
- cauliflower shopping list
- you can add 1 cup of boiled rice if you like, it makes the dish a little less healthy beacuse of the carbs but will be good for sports/active people. shopping list
- you can basically add any type of spices you like :-) shopping list
How to make it
- cut the top off the red peppers and make sure they can still stand without tipping over. take out the seeds.
- pre-boil the chicken breasts with added vegetable stock to the water. cut them in to little cubes but not too small.
- chop the onion, the fresh basil, the sundried tomatoes, cut the black olives in half, chop the mushrooms and the green capsicum as well. you can either choose to chop all vegetables into tiny bits, blend it or leave it more "rough". add the chili and paprika.
- cook the cauliflower in boiling water until you can mash it and it has the same consistency as mashed potatoes. drain it and make sure there is NO water left. mash it and add salt and pepper as you please, it will NOT taste like cauliflower as if you eat them in separate bits but have a very discrete taste and is good for the consistency of the stuffing.
- drain the canned tomatoes.
- chop/mash the garlic, depending on how you like it best, and mix it in the oil together with the basil and thyme.
- now mix it all together (incl. the rice if you have chosen to use that) and stuff the red peppers with everything and make sure it's very compact.
- put the top of the red peppers back on and wrap the whole peppers individually in tinfoil sprayed with a bit of oil so they won't stick and cook them in the oven 180C for 20 minutes.
The Cooksuberloui Koege, Denmark, IE
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!