Minestra SoupFrom pink 5 years ago
- 1 pound escarole shopping list
- 6 quarts chicken broth shopping list
- 3 lg carrots, diced shopping list
- 8 ounces spaghetti (broke into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated romano cheese. shopping list
- For meatballs: shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 2 lg eggs, 1/2 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp salt, dash black pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the escarole and discard any bad leaves.
- Cut off stem ends.
- Separate leaves and rinse well.
- Stack leaves and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large pot add escarole, broth and carrots.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.
- Mix together meatball ingredients.
- Make meatballs less then 1 inch in size.
- When escarole is cooked, add spaghetti noodles and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add meatballs.
- Cover, turn heat to medium low and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with romano cheese.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating4 people
I'm the soup queen baby, love soup. This looks awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
WOW, this sounds wonderful! Thank you for this recipe!smooch in America loved it
I'm coming to your house for this Pink! :)noir in Boston loved it