Grilled Sausages with Peppers and ArtichokesFrom vino4dino 9 years ago
- • 3 lemons shopping list
- • 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- • sea salt, to taste shopping list
- • ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- • 4 artichokes shopping list
- • 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- • 2 yellow bell peppers shopping list
- • 2 orange bell peppers shopping list
- • 1 1/2 pounds gluten-free sweet Italian sausage links shopping list
- • 1 1/2 pounds gluten-free hot italian sausage links shopping list
- • 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (your choice of parsley, basil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary) shopping list
How to make it
- Zest and juice two of the lemons. Cut the third lemon into medium-thick slices. Combine the lemon slices, lemon juice and lemon zest with the minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Strip the artichokes of their leaves, cut out their choke and quarter the hearts. Add to the lemon juice mixture.
- Cut the peppers into large pieces and add to lemon mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Place the sausage links on the grill for approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Place on serving platter to rest.
- Place the artichoke hearts, peppers and lemon slices on the grill, heating on both sides until cooked through, approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the vegetables and lemon slices on the platter along with the sausages, and sprinkle the chopped garden herbs over top.