Chocolate Mousse CakeFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 pkgs (2.8 oz each) instant milk chocolate mousse mix shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- chocolate curls, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350. Coat 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper with spray. Melt chocolate in small bowl in microwave on 100% power 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and melted chocolate. In a medium-size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3. Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, ending with flour. Evenly spread in prepared pan.
- 4. Bake in 350 oven 25 minutes or until top springs back when pressed. Let cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Invert onto rack; remove pan and paper. Let cool completely.
- 5. Slice cake crosswise into thirds, each piece 10 x 5 x 1 inches. Prepare mousse following package directions, adding cinnamon. Stack cake layers, with 3/4 cup mousse between layers and 1 1/4 cups on top. Chill 1 hour. Garnish with curls.