Cherry Maple Puff PancakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup frozen tart cherries shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw cherries and reserve juice.
- Measure juice and if necessary add enough water to measure 1/4 cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in each of 6 individual casseroles or large custard cups.
- Combine cherry juice, orange juice, cornstarch and sugar in a small saucepan then mix well.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and clear then remove from heat.
- Add cherries, maple syrup and food coloring then set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour and peel in blender container then blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Put 1/4 cup of sauce in each of the casseroles or cups and keep any remaining sauce warm.
- Divide batter equally over sauce in each cup then bake in preheated 425 oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with remaining cherry sauce or maple syrup.