White Chicken ChiliFrom kremshaw 8 years ago
- 2 Lbs. chicken breast shopping list
- 16 Oz. white beans shopping list
- 2 Large onions (Medium Dice) shopping list
- 8 Oz. green chili peppers (Chopped) shopping list
- 1 Cup Fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3/4 Cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 Tsp. Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 Cups Half&Half shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 Stick butter (Unsalted) shopping list
- 1 Tsp. cumin seeds (roasted and ground) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tsp. Pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups monterey jack cheese (Grated) shopping list
- butter and/or olive oil for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a dutch oven or large skillet over moderately high heat and add a little butter and oil. Meanwhile coat your chicken with salt , pepper and chili powder. Throw them in the skillet resisting the urge to turn them over. Leave them for five minutes per side or until they are done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to cool. When cool, shred with a fork, or just pull it to a shred with your fingers.
- Drop the onions in the skillet with 2 Tbs. of the stick of butter, and scrape the bottom of the skillet with a metal spatula, pulling the delicious juices up into the butter. Cook the onions until soft and translucent.
- Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and add the remaining 6 Tbs. of butter to the pot at low/medium heat. Whisk in the flour, creating a roux. Continue to whisk for about 3 minutes and add the onions, broth, and half & half. Bring to a boil and simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in the Tabasco, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beans, chilis, chicken and cheese. Cook for about 20 minutes stirring occaisionaly.
- Add the sour cream, and finally the cilantro.