Olive Flat BreadFrom jeanker 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup + 1 1/2 T flour shopping list
- 2 t sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 10 oil cured olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1 T EV olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- Spices: shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 t curry powder shopping list
- 1/8 t paparika shopping list
- 1/8 t ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Put flour, sugar, salt, pepper and olives in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil and stir with a fork.
- Add the water and stir until a ball forms.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and turn the dough on to the surface.
- Knead until smooth ( 2 minutes or so).
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the dough from the refriderator and flatten into a disc on a floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough as thin as possible in an oval and transfer to a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake as is or add your favorite toppings to make it your own. Suggestions: roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, cheese.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool, break into pieces.