Chocolate And Orange Bundt CakeFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup sweet butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup, stir it well shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp orange extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to350 and put the rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease a 10" tube pan or bundt pan. Dust it with dried bread crumbs.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add the vanilla to the milk, stir it in.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients with the milk: dry, milk, dry, milk, dry.
- Pour about 2/3 to 3/4 of the batter into another bowl. Mix the orange extract in to that.
- Turn the orange batter in to the prepared pan and level it.
- Mix the chocolate syrup into the remaining batter.
- Pour the chocolate batter over the white one, do not mix it.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, test with a toothpick.
- Do not invert this cake. Let it cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- When you cut the cake the chocolate batter will have sunk into the white part and looks decorative and pretty.
- You can top with chocolate icing. I think it's extraneous and just dust with a bit of confectioner's sugar when presenting.