Elegant Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs, separated (egg whites - room temperature) shopping list
- 3 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup commercial sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar beating well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.