Tex Mex Egg RollsFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 jalepeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 20 egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250*. In heavy skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in drained black beans, chicken, jalepeno pepper, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cheese until blended.
- Place about 3 tablespoons mixture on 1 egg roll wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Roll up wrapper, folding in ends, to form a roll. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- In large saucepan, heat oil until a thermometer registers 375*. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 250* oven until all are done. Serve with sour cream, salsa, or ranch salad dressing for dipping.
- MAKE A HEAD TIP
- You can make these spicy little egg rolls ahead of time and keep them, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Fry them up as your guests arrive, adding about 2-3 minutes of cooking time because the filling is chilled.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating4 people
Now this sounds diffrent....linebb956 in La Feria loved it
A great sounding post, thanks for sharing...Bobrobertg in loved it
Mexican Food318 members
Party Food316 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Tailgate Time129 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Party Foods24 members
Mexican Cooking142 members
Superbowl Snacks45 members