Warm Winter Lemon CakeFrom 24thesweed 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9--inch baking pan
- Pour milk and water into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar.
- Beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes or untill well-blended.
- Pour over cake batter in baking pan..
- Place baking dish on a foil covered cookie sheet to catch drippings.
- Bake 50 minutes to an hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Serve warm or cold.
- Makes 16 servings.
- While this recipe is simple to make the directions leave much to be desired. The pudding mix does not need to be mixed to the point of pudding. Pour it over the cake batter evenly, not all in one spot. Be sure to watch it as it bakes. I used a glass baking dish and it cooked a bit faster, so test it often after 45 minutes or so. It does bubble over, so be sure your pan has 2 inch or higher edges. The mixture thickens as it cools into lemon heaven. It is really good!
- Any questions? Be sure to ask me, I just made it this week.