Sweet Bread DoughFrom fireraven 6 years ago
- 1 c plus 2 tbs whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast or 1 pkg of active dry yeast (not rapid rise) shopping list
- 1lb 2oz bread flour (about 3 3/4 c) shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3tbs superfine granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- Equipment: a flexible plastic bowl scraper shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh yeast, heat milk until just warm, if using dry, heat milk to 120-130f
- Rub yeast into flour in a large bowl, then rub in butter. Stir in sugar and salt.
- Fold in mild and eggs with bowl scraper, rotating bowl until liquid is absorbed and a wet, sticky dough forms. (Dough will be wetter than most you've encountered)
- Scrape dough out onto an unfloured surface. (dough will be a sticky mess. Don't be tempted to add more flour. By working the dough through a process it will become cohesive and supple)
- Slide your finders underneath both sides of dough with your thumbs toward you, letting the dough hang sligtly. In a continuous motion, swing dough down, slapping bottom of dough onto surgace, then stretch dough up and back over itself in an arc to trap in air. Reapt lifting, slapping and stretching, scraping surface with bowl flat side of bowl scrapper when needed, until dough is supple, cohesive and starts to bounce slightly off the surface without sticking, about 8 mins.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured clean surgace. Form into a ball by folding each edge, in turn, into senter of dough and pressing down well with your thumb, rotating ball as you go. Turn ball over and transfer to a lightly floured bowl, then cover with a kitchen towl (not terry cloth). Let rise in a draft free place at warm room temp until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Now ready to be used.
The Cookfireraven Genesee, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!