Toasted Pound Cake - Easiest BiscottiFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 1 prepared pound cake sliced and cut into long finger-sized sticks OR any leftover plain cake or brownie of your choice shopping list
- Toppings shopping list
- 1 egg white, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- mini chocolate chips shopping list
- finely chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Slice your pound cake into 1 inch slices and cut each slice into at least four fingers.
- Layer the fingers on a large pan covered in foil.
- Bake at 250 for one hour until cookies/fingers feel dry and are very lightly toasted in color.
- At this point, the baked pound cake is delicious plain, without toppings! Serve and enjoy!
- *For a cinnamon-sugar flavored cookie, paint each finger with butter and sprinkle each with a combination of cinnamon and sugar before baking.
- *For a nutty cookie, paint the fingers with egg white and then sprinkle with nuts of your choice before baking.
- Only add chocolate AFTER the fingers are baked.
- You can top the toasted pound cake fingers with anything you wish after its baked. Dip them into melted chocolate and roll in crushed candies or nuts! Melted caramel is a nice choice and then roll the cookie in nuts or candies. You can use prepared frostings to dip them in, too! Just remember that you do not want to add a lot of moisture to the baked cookie! Marscarpone cheese mixed with a tablespoon or two of your favorite jam is a delicious dip!
- You can use leftover sweet breads like banana bread, chocolate chip bread, pumpkin bread, etc.
- Unfrosted banana cake, coconut cake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, etc.
- You can even leave them out on trays with various dips such as sweetened whipped cream or sweetened cream cheese, lemon curd, jellies or jams and even use jarred ice cream syrups such as butterscotch, caramel or chocolate fudge.