Taco SaladFrom snowbird2002 5 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 large tin (28 oz) red kidney beans shopping list
- 1/2 or 1 head of lettuce (shredded thin) shopping list
- 1 or 2 tomatoes (diced) shopping list
- 1 – 1 1/2 chopped cooking onion shopping list
- 2 - 4 green onions (sliced) shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasonings (or to taste if using from a spice container, perhaps3 Tbsp or more) shopping list
- Dash of sugar or Splenda shopping list
- ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 - 2 tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- * OPTIONAL: chopped jalapeno peppers and/or guacamole shopping list
How to make it
- Fry ground beef with cooking onion until crumbly & done.
- Add kidney beans (including juice from can) and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Pour into a bowl, cover & refrigerate.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, dressing, sugar (or Splenda), parsley and pepper.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place shredded lettuce on serving plate.
- Pour cooled ground beef mixture on top of lettuce.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sprinkle cheese, optional jalapeno peppers and/or guacamole.
- Pour dressing mixture over all and toss (or leave as is in layers).
- Add shredded cheese, green onion slices.
- Top with sour cream.
- Can add guacamole if desired.