Southwestern Chicken SoupFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 16-oz can great northern beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 10-oz can rotel diced tomatoes with chiles shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 medium) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 6 lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth, rice, cumin, and beans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, pepper, and salt; simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in avocado, and lime juice.
- Serve with lime wedges.