Yorkshire PuddingFrom tippystclair 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F/170C/Gas Mark4 (unless you are already cooking a roast beef).
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour and salt together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Break egg into the well.
- Add a little milk and beat with a fork, gradually adding more milk and drawing the flour from the sides.
- Beat well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Let the bowl set, covered, for one hour while your roast is cooking.
- About 25 minutes before the roast is done put some of the juice/fat from the roast into 6 cups of a muffin tin, making sure the fat is hot and sizzling.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven on the bottom rack under the roast.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the puddings are golden.
- Serve warm with meat.
- You can bake these separately but make sure you put sizzling oil in the muffin cups before filling and placing them in a preheated oven.