Old Fashioned Sugar CookiesFrom snowbird2002 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (crushed almonds) available in bulk food stores shopping list
- 1 cup Splenda shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp butter flavored extract or DaVinci cookie dough flavored syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- Optional: Shredded non sweetened coconut shopping list
- Optional: raisins shopping list
- Optional: pecan pieces. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix almond flour with Splenda, sifting until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg and then mix well with extracts and softened butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix really well.
- Add optional coconut, raisins or pecan pieces if desired.
- Form dough into24 small balls.
- Space evenly on two ungreased non-stick cookie sheets (most cookie sheets will hold 12 cookies - 4 rows of 3, very evenly).
- Press moderately to flatten to a silver-dollar pancake size.
- Can sprinkle with Splenda if desired.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. They will slide right off the cookie sheet (no need for parchment paper).
- Cool 5 minutes before eating. Most people can't tell they are not the real thing (made with flour and sugar). These are soaddictive and go like wildfire! Makes 24 small cookies.