Shrimp and Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes and Romano CheeseFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper evenly over shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and red pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta and shrimp; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, cheese, and basil.