Mexican French Toast Tortillas With BerriesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups sliced strawberries shopping list
- 2 cups blueberries shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas cut into quarters shopping list
- butter for frying shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
- maple syrup for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sliced strawberries and blueberries then set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, rum, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts in shallow bowl.
- Soak tortillas in egg mixture for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add tortilla quarters and cook until golden about 3 minutes turning once.
- Transfer to large serving platter then cover and keep warm.
- Repeat process with remaining tortilla quarters.
- Sprinkle fried tortillas with powdered sugar and serve topped with fresh berry mixture.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!