Chicken Chow Mein A La Low FatFrom pinkmonkey 8 years ago
- 250g packet egg noodles shopping list
- 350g/12oz broccoli florets 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2.5cm/1 inch piece fresh root ginger (peeled and grated) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves finely sliced shopping list
- 4 small chicken breasts (4 x 75g) cut into thin strips shopping list
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed & cut in half shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 200ml chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes (adding broccoli for last 2 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok/frying pan until very hot. Add oil, stir in ginger and garlic and chicken strips. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through. Add spring onions and stir to heat them.
- Mix soy sauce and stock together and stir into the pan.
- Tip the drained noodles and broccoli back into the pan. Season with black pepper, toss everything together & serve.
The Cookpinkmonkey Dublin, IE
The Rating2 people
Nobody rated your great recipe? Well, I think it's a "5" fork for sure! I too love chicken and this recipe looks perfect for a Friday or Saturday dinner. Thanks so much for sharing it Pink.
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Just found this and I LIKE it! I'll check more of your recipes since you seem to really have your act together when it comes to healthy and delicious.bonjody in Branson loved it