Chicken Chow Mein A La Low FatFrom pinkmonkey 5 years ago
- 250g packet egg noodles shopping list
- 350g/12oz broccoli florets 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2.5cm/1 inch piece fresh root ginger (peeled and grated) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves finely sliced shopping list
- 4 small chicken breasts (4 x 75g) cut into thin strips shopping list
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed & cut in half shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 200ml chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes (adding broccoli for last 2 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok/frying pan until very hot. Add oil, stir in ginger and garlic and chicken strips. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through. Add spring onions and stir to heat them.
- Mix soy sauce and stock together and stir into the pan.
- Tip the drained noodles and broccoli back into the pan. Season with black pepper, toss everything together & serve.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookpinkmonkey Dublin, IE
The Rating2 people
Just found this and I LIKE it! I'll check more of your recipes since you seem to really have your act together when it comes to healthy and delicious.bonjody in Branson loved it
Nobody rated your great recipe? Well, I think it's a "5" fork for sure! I too love chicken and this recipe looks perfect for a Friday or Saturday dinner. Thanks so much for sharing it Pink.
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it