Quick-rise breadFrom ambauer 9 years ago
How to make it
- This bread is easiest if using a stand mixer, though you could make by had. Place sugar, yeast, and water into the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl). Let sit a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450oF and place a dutch oven with a lid, or other similar baking pan into the oven, with its lid.
- Measure out 3 cups of flour, mix with salt and add to water mixture; add vinegar. Using the paddle attachment, mix together until all is incorporated (can be done my hand).
- Clean the dough off the paddle attachment and change it for the dough hook. Start mixing, add the remaining flour until the mixture no longer clings to the sides (a little should still stick to the bottom of the bowl).
- Knead ~7 minutes. The dough will be somewhat sticky, but elastic.
- Transfer to a well oiled bowl that is large and microwave safe.
- Cover the bowl with a very wet dishtowel, and then cover that with a dry dishtowel.
- Place in microwave and heat for 25 seconds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Microwave for another 25 seconds. Remove from microwave and let sit 15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball as best you can, trying not to deflate the dough too much (I used a floured counter to do this).
- Spray the vessel (dutch oven or whatever you chose) with non-stick spray, and place the dough into it.
- Slash the top of the dough quickly a couple of times. Replace lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake an additional 10 minutes or until interior temperature reaches 210oF.
- Cool on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- takopoly Victoria, CA
- warnerjim McKinney, TX
- bairdnavywifejr Nowhere, Us
- castaneda4 Grand Island, NE
- huminbrd56 Concord, North Carolina
- snooklyukums Cedar Rapids, IA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- adivagurl Nashville, TN
- wild2u Deer Park, WA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!