My Abbas Chicken SoupFrom gnomers0000 8 years ago
- 1 4-6 lb. chicken, cut into pieces or: shopping list
- 3-5 lbs chicken parts shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1-2 zucchinis shopping list
- 1 parsnip or parsley root shopping list
- 2-3 stalks celery shopping list
- 3-4 branches parsley shopping list
- 2 sprigs dill (optional) shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 6-8 cups water (or as much as your stock pot can hold) shopping list
How to make it
- Clean chicken, removing skin if desired** and place in stockpot.
- Peel and remove ends of onion, place in pot.
- Peel carrots and zucchini, place in pot.
- Wash the parsley, celery, dill (if desired) and parsley root thoroughly, place in pot.
- Fill up your stock pot with water until about two inches from the top.
- Boil uncovered for a half hour to an hour, lower to a simmer and partially cover.
- Simmer for at least an hour and a half.
- The longer it simmers, the stronger it will taste. Feel free to add water if it boils down, just make sure you leave it to simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes afterward. I leave this soup on sometimes for 4-5 hours and it only improves the taste!
The Cookgnomers0000 Jerusalem, IL
The Rating2 people
Hi gnomers, thanks for sharing. Love the title on the recipe :) Do we cut the veggies before putting in the pot or are they good whole? - Amnaatariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it