Almond Fried ShrimpFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel devein and butterfly shrimp leaving tails intact.
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place flour in medium bowl then add salt.
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Dredge shrimp in seasoned flour then shake off excess then dip in milk mixture.
- Press almonds over shrimp coating all but tails then place on prepared sheet.
- Curl tails up over shrimp then cover with foil and freeze for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan to 350.
- Add frozen shrimp to oil in batches and cook until deep golden brown about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels using slotted spoon and allow to drain.
- Place on serving platter with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce and lemon wedges.