Copycat Olive Garden Seafood DipFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 6 ounces shrimp, drained, reserving liquid shopping list
- 6 ounces crab meat , drained, reserving liquid (and remove and shells) shopping list
- 2 ounces cream cheese , cubed, and room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic , crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/3 cup asiago cheese , grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce (they use Barilla, drained to remove excess liquid) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese , finely shredded, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart sauce pan on med-low temp, heat olive oil and blend in flour.
- Add to flour, liquids from seafoods, and stir well.
- To sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic horseradish, and stir until smooth.
- Add Asiago and Parmesan cheeses, and stir until smooth.
- When cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, add shrimp and crab. Let simmer until heated through.
- Add half and half a little at a time, until seafood sauce starts to simmer, and begins to resemble warm pudding.
- Let sauce simmer for 12 minutes, stirring frequently, so it will not scorch.
- In a shallow baking dish, 9" in diameter, spray and place drained Marinara sauce, and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven at 325, for 10 minutes.
- Dip should not be too browned on top. Keep an eye on it
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!