Keralan Special Seafood CurryFrom chillidude 8 years ago
- 500g fish fillets shopping list
- 200g prawn flesh, raw but peeled shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teasp tumeric powder shopping list
- 2 teasp coriander seed powder shopping list
- 1 teasp ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 green cayenne chillies(or similar), de-seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 teasp chilli powder (choose your preferred heat level) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2-3cm piece ginger, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups coconut cream shopping list
- 4 pieces Kudampuli, or substitute in 2 teasp tamarind pulp(no seeds) shopping list
- 1 teasp yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teasp fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 6 curry leaves shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tasblesp vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil on high and add the mustard and fenugreek seeds and let them pop.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute on medium until the onion is clear.
- Then add the ginger and when this becomes fragrant add the salt, tumeric, coriander seed, and black pepper and stir for few seconds.
- Add the tomato, kudampuli (or tamarinf pulp) and one cup water and one cup of the coconut cream and simmer until the tomato is cooked.
- Then add fish fillets, prawns and the remaining 1 cup coconut milk. Cook till it is done on a low heat.
- When the oil begins to float on top, place the green chillies and curry leaves over it.
- Keep the lid closed and remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and I'd also suggest a glass or two of chilled riesling or an ice cold India Pale Ale
The Cookchillidude Perth, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!