Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage and MozzarellaFrom ern 6 years ago
- 1 pound (about 24) large fresh white mushrooms, cleaned shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve. Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add sausage, green onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems. Saut, breaking up sausage into smaller pieces, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned. Remove from heat; add both cheeses and stir just until cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and cheese is slightly golden
The Cookern Wilmington, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!