Lemon Ricotta Stuffed French ToastFrom brandyprz 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs, plus 2 large yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 slices french toast bread (Texas toast bread) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in mixing bowl. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and vanilla in another bowl. Pour egg mixture into wide shallow bowl. Whisk yolks in bowl. Lay bread onto clean work surface. Paint inside edges of each slice with egg yolks. Place 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture in
- center of slices. Cover with remaining slices, yolk-coated edges down, gently pressing slices together. Dip slices into egg and cream mixture until saturated.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Butter, or coat with cooking spray. Cook slices until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with strawberry or raspberry puree, and whipped lemon butter, I've also posted that recipe
The Cookbrandyprz OR
The Rating3 people
sounds great! we are going to try an orange version as hubby doesnt do lemon.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
I had something similar to this in Sydney years ago and was NEVER able to figure out how to make it myself. Thanks for posting, I can't wait for breakfast!sunny in Portland loved it
Wonderful use of ricotta....definitely on the lemon bandwagon in this house. Wonderful delightful dish.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!