Baked Chicken and Rice South Beach FriendlyFrom ruskingirl 7 years ago
- 1 cup long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, or a good quality prepared orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chipped, plus more for garnishing shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. coursley ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes and their juices, broth, orange juice, parsley, onion, garlic, cumin, 3/4 tsp. of the salt, 1/4 tsp. of the pepper, and the red pepper flakes.
- Transfer to a 9'x13" baking dish.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken pieces among the rice mixture.
- Cover the dish tightly with foi. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the rice and chicken into individual bowls.
- Sprinkle with additional parsley.