Pepper Beef and Cream Cheese SoupFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2 large green peppers, diced shopping list
- 1 spanish onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 6 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 pkg. cream cheese shopping list
- 2 cups sliced cooked roast beef shopping list
- 1 cup cooked fettuccine noodles, coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chopped noodles in water with evoo and coarse salt while preparing soup, when noodles reach al dente stage, drain and rinse
- Saute the vegetables in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in stock and simmer until soup has thickened slightly. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add the beef slices; simmer over low heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Season to taste and serve immediately