Blackberry Chocolate Chip Pie w Buttery CrustFrom turlak 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 ½ c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 c. unsalted stick butter, chilled and diced shopping list
- ¼ c. ice water shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- Pie Filling: shopping list
- ¼ c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg shopping list
- 4 c. blackberries shopping list
- ¼ to ½ c. chocolate chips shopping list
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour and salt
- Cut butter until mixture resembles course crumbs (I do this w/ my hands)
- Stir in water a little at a time until you can make a ball and then separate it in two. Make one a little bigger than the other and use the bigger one for the bottom of the pie.
- Wrap the balls in plastic wrap and put in the fridge until you are done making the filling.
- Roll out to fit a 9” pie plate…using a little extra flour on your surface, hands and rolling pin. You may want to put cold water on your hands if it is not doughy enough. Use your own judgment.
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon or nutmeg
- Stir in berries and chocolate
- Put bigger piecrust on bottom of pan and pour in berry mixture
- Top w/ smaller crust, flute the edges w/ a fork, and make four slits in the middle of the pie.
- Brush w/ an egg white
- Bake @ 425˚ for 35 minutes.