Chicken and rice CasseroleFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried dill, divided shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 3 lbs. cut up chicken shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup multi-grain crackers shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine soup, water, rice, 3/4 tsp. dill and the black pepper in a 13x9" baking dish, mix well.
- Remove chicken skin pieces, discard the skin
- Arrange chicken pieces on tip of rice mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, remove from heat.
- Add crushed crackers, paprika and the remaining dill to butter in saucepan, stir until cracker mixture is well blended.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture on top of the chicken pieces in casserole.
- Bake uncovered uncovered until chicken is tender and rice is done, about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
This sounds very good. I have been looking for a good chicken casserole that I would like. Thanks!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love simple one dish meals especially when they take me back to my moms cooking. This is such a nice recipe anyone would enjoy.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!