Chicken MachboosFrom alizzz 7 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 650g (3 cups) basmati rice shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 1-1.5 kg chicken shopping list
- 3 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 green hot pepper, as desired shopping list
- 2 black dried limes shopping list
- 2 tsp. Buharat shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 1 slice of ginger, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3 Tbls. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 Tbls. rose water shopping list
- 3 Tbls. oil shopping list
- 3 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken in half. Heat the water and leave aside. In a small bowl, mix the spices (garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and cardamom) together and add to the mixture one teaspoon of salt. Sprinkle half of the spices mixture on the chicken halves.
- Heat oil in a large cooking pan, fry the onions till golden brown, then add to it the pepper and the black lime but make sure that you make a hole in the limes. Add the chicken to the onion mixture and turn it over a few times in the pan. Sprinkle on the chicken a teaspoon of cinnamon and the rest of the mixed spices. Turn the contents all together so the chicken gets coated with the spices, cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chopped ginger, and tomato cubes to the pan and turn the ingredients in the pan a few times. Cover again for 3 minutes on medium heat. Sprinkle with the rest of the salt and pour on it water while its still hot. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked. Add the copped coriander 5 minutes before you remove the chicken from the stock in the pan. While the chicken is cooking, wash the rice nicely and soak for 10 minutes in cold water, then drain.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put on an oven tray, brush with some oil and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon powder and grill in the oven untill the chicken is golden brown. Add the rice to the chicken stock, stir, then let it cook on low heat until the rice absorbs the stock and almost done. Sprinkle on the rice with rose water and lemon juice, and place the butter pieces on the top. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve the rice on a large serving plate and place the grilled chicken halves on the top
The Cookalizzz Manama, BH
The Rating5 people
I saw this competition where they are looking for people that can cook the national dish of their country. I think this might be of interest to you since you already have made this recipe :)
Read more about it on their...moreMaanC in loved it
This looks wonderful, I love recipes like this. Thanks for the garam massala suggestion, I will use that.sunny in Portland loved it
Your recipe sounds so good.Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe.ambus in Lahore loved it