Zesty Chorizo Chicken and RiceFrom janabeth 9 years ago
- 1 to 2 chopped chicken breast shopping list
- 1 pkg. ground chorizo sausage shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice (I used brown instant, but use what works for you) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa (for a milder version, use just stewed tomatoes or some tomato sauce) shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole kernal corn (or peas, or carrots--your choice) shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and brown lightly. Add chorizo sausage, onion and garlic. Use fork and stir sausage while its cooking so that it will brown in small bits. Cook until all meat is done and veggies are tender.
- Add rice, broth and salsa or tomatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in corn or peas and cook, covered about 5 more minutes.
- You may want to top it with cheese, some broken tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro, or any other of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
The Cookjanabeth Grand Forks, ND
The Rating4 people
sounds goodcheryilyn in Salem loved it
My hubby is gone and this will be some great comfort food for me and the little man. Making ti this week, thanks!!!!princesa9580 in ******* loved it
Yum ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!