Caramel-apple Pudding CakeFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 2 medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups) shopping list
- 3 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 T melted butter shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup caramel ice-cream topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 T margarine or butter shopping list
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Arrange apples in bottom of dish; sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped nuts. Spread the batter evenly over the apple mixture.
- In a small sauce pan combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set in center. While warm, cut into squares, inverting each piece onto dessert plate. Spoon the caramel-apple mixture from bottom of pan over each piece.