California Cheeseburger PieFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs lean (at least 80%) ground beef shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 12 oz prepared cheese product (from 16 oz loaf), cubed (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing shopping list
- 2 tsp yellow mustard (I did not add this) shopping list
- 16 round dill pickle chips or 8 oblong dill pickle slices (I did not add these either) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sesame seed (I did not use these either) shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375. Make pie crusts as directed on box for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie plate.
- In 12 inch skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in cheese, dressing and the mustard. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Spoon beef mixture into crust-lined pie plate. Arrange pickle chips over beef mixture.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with 2- to 3 -inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top pie with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with ketchup and mustard if desired. I served mine with miracle whip also.
- An easy way to cover the crust with foil: cut a 12-inch square of foil, then cut out an 8-inch round from the center. Place the foil "frame" over the pie.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
Now this really sounds good, no pickles for me either, maybe on the side! lol
Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Good heavens, Henri - this sounds like it would be good. You get my 5 and I'm saving this to try. I love this kind of meal on busy week nights...it's fun and filling. Thanks so much, hon!lunasea in Orlando loved it
cheryilyn in Salem loved it