Beef And NoodlesFrom cheryilyn 6 years ago
- 3 lb chuck roast or steak, cut in bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 onions, diced shopping list
- 2 quarts organic mushroom stock shopping list
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- flour mixed in cold water for thickening shopping list
- 1 recipe homemade noodles or store bought refrigerated noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed stew pot. Add meat and brown.
- Add garlic and veggies and cook for a couple min, then add stock.
- Simmer for 1 ½ - 2 hours, or until meat is tender. Add mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in thickening. Bring to a rolling boil and add noodles a few at a time. Allow each batch to cook a little and stir to separate before adding next batch or they may clump together in a ball. That would not be pretty. Cook for about 20-30 min depending on thickness of noodles.
- To test for doneness, cut into a noodle. The inside should be dry, not doughy.
- I like to serve this over mashed potatoes with fresh onions sprinkled on top.
The Cookcheryilyn Salem, OR
The Rating4 people
Love this one, thanks again cheryilyn, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Oh yeah - this sounds so delicous and comforting, Cheryilyn. I'm saving this to make soon. There's no such thing as too much comfort! Get my 5...and I hope you have a sweet day....lunasea in Orlando loved it
You are making my mouth drool! Making next weekend.. Wow!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!