moist carrot cakeFrom onceuponatart 8 years ago
- 200g butter shopping list
- 350g flour shopping list
- 1 packet (about 15g) of baking soda shopping list
- 125g sugar shopping list
- 125g brown sugar shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon powder shopping list
- a pinch of ground cloves shopping list
- 250g carrots, peeled and finely grated shopping list
- 250g ground almonds shopping list
- 1 bio lemon, grated zest and juice shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- for the glaze: shopping list
- about 8-10 marzipan carrots shopping list
- grated zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 200g cream cheese shopping list
- 250g icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- heat oven to 180c° and line a 30cm caketin.
- melt butter in a pan and let cool. mix flour with baking soda in a bowl. mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, grated carrots, almonds, lemonzest and -juice.
- mix cooled butter with eggs and add to the mixture. mix well until all is well coated and you end up with a moist cakebatter. fill into prepared caketin.
- bake for about 50-60 minutes on the lower level of the oven until a skewer comes out clean. let cool.
- for the glaze: mix all ingredients and spread generously on top of the carrot cake. decorate with marzipan carrots before serving.
- keeps - wrapped in clingfilm - for about a week in the fridge.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- fadeout London, GB
- pyecroft Nassau, BS
- mimisworld4u Greenville, NC
- xxwhynotnowxx Clinton, LA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- girlswampthing Portland, OR
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- pinkpasta Upstate, SC
- kerriebell Wellington, NZ
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookonceuponatart Zurich, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!