Crockpot Sweet Potato and Sausage StewFrom tequila12 9 years ago
- 1 lb. smoked turkey sausage or kielbasa link shopping list
- 2 sweet potatos, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into half inch pieces (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 - 14.5 oz can of chopped tomatos, undrained shopping list
- 1 - 15.o oz can of garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1 cup of beef broth, water or beer (I use beer..it gives the stew a great flavor!) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut sausage link in half lengthwise then cut into 1 inch slices.
- In a 4.5 or 6.0 quart slow cooker, combine sausage pieces, sweet potatoes, pepper, celery and onion.
- Add undrained tomatoes, garbanzo beans and broth of your choice.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 9-10 hours or on high setting for 4-5 hours.