New Potato SaladFrom dariana 10 years ago
- 2 pounds tiny new potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet or dill pickles shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk shopping list
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender. Drain well; cool potatoes. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise dressing, celery, onion, pickles, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and egg, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- To serve, stir enough of the milk into salad to reach desired consistency. Season to taste with additional pepper.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating8 people
i have never made my own potato salad before..i'm glad i did..this was sooo more tasty than any shop bought one!hannah2401 in London loved it
I now have this in my frig for my picnic tomorrow. I tripled the recipe. It tastes so good! Thanks!dynie in Marietta loved it
This is delicious! I added a little dill and also substituted some of the mayo with light sour cream for a change.mnpadilla in Edina loved it