Egg And Potato Curry or Anday Allo Ka SalanFrom ambus 9 years ago
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 - 4 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1 large onion,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 2-3 cloves shopping list
- 1 cinamon stick shopping list
- 1 large/black cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt(Or to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 3/4 tbsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder shopping list
- fresh coriander leaves,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Hard boil the eggs with water in a pan.
- Drain water,let them cool and remove the shell.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Place eggs and fry on medium heat until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large cubes and keep them in cold tap water.
- Heat oil in a saucepan,add onions and fry until goden brown.
- Remove from oil and put in a blender/food processor with tomatoes and cumin seeds.
- Blend to a fine paste(add little water if needed).
- Add garlic and ginger paste ,cloves,cardamom and cinamon stick to the oil, stirring constantly.
- Add blended paste of onion and tomatoes.
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the water dries and the oil begins to separate.
- Add potatoes and stir the contents until the spices coat the potatoes well.
- Add water, cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender but not very soft.
- Add enough water for curry/gravy, bring to a boil.
- Add garam masala, coriander leaves to the potato curry, stir gently and transfer to serving dish. Add eggs and serve.
- Serve hot with chapati or paratha.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating7 people
great curry to prepare if you are rushed for time !!
love the addition of potatoes ,then again i love potatoes in any curry l.o.l.
Have a blessed day ,my friend
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Hi Ambus, my kids will love this. I never made it without gosht but this looks yummmy. Another great tip that i am taking from here is to fry the boiled eggs, never did that. Thanks for sharing buddy - Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
Oh baby. This sound soooo goood. Thank you Ambus.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it