Sweet Pepper Wild Rice SaladFrom fireraven 6 years ago
- 1/2 c uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 1 can (14oz) reduced sodium chicken or veggie broth, divided shopping list
- 1 1/4 c water divided shopping list
- 3/4 c uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1 med sweet red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 med sweet yellow pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 med zucchini, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tbs lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine the wild rice, 1 cup broth and 1/2 c water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 mins or until rice is tender
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the long grain rice and remaining broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-18 min or until rice is tender
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers and zucchini in 1 tbs oil for 3 mins. Add onions; saute 1-2 mins more or until veggies are tender. transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain wild rice if neccessary; stir into veggies mixture. Stir in white rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Serve warm or at room temp.