Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cinnamon SauceFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted plus 4 tablespoons, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- cinnamon Cream, recipe follows shopping list
- maple syrup, for serving shopping list
- cinnamon Cream: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, and 3 tablespoons melted butter; add to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff. Gently fold into batter. Gently fold in chocolate morsels.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on hot griddle. Ladle about 1/4-cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook the other side. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining batter.
- For the Cinnamon Cream:
- In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until thickened. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cinnamon, beating until stuff peaks form. Cover and chill.
- Serve pancakes with Cinnamon Cream and maple syrup.