Salisbury Steak with Onion GravyFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 can condensed French onion soup divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl beat the egg then stir in 1/3 cup of the soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and mix gently.
- Shape into six oval patties.
- Brown the patties in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side then remove and set aside.
- Discard the drippings.
- In the skillet combine flour and water until smooth.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup then bring to a boil and cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet then cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Made this once and it was delicious!!! Went to make it again tonight and I discovered we didn't have any condensed french onion soup (gasp!). So I used a can of golden mushroom mixed with a packet of onion soup mix and a 1/4 cup of water, along with ...moredancingfox in Butler loved it
This was a great recipe! The gravy was so yummy over the noodles! No leftovers with this one!ariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!