Whole Wheat Blueberry MuffinsFrom eatmedelicious 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare muffin tins with muffin cup liners.
- Prepare the "flax eggs" by first grinding the flax seeds. Add the water to the ground flax seeds and blend together until it starts to thicken up a bit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the "flax eggs", applesauce, vanilla and sugar. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold together. Gently stir in the blueberries and nuts. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Suggested modifications: Make these muffins with your favourite dried chopped fruit instead of the blueberries, and use 3/4 cup or 1 cup of milk instead. Replace the milk with soy milk to make these vegan.