Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Monterey Jack CheeseFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 large portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fine fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Discard mushroom stems and wipe caps clean with a damp paper towel.
- In a bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, wine vinegar and half of both thyme and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper then spoon mixture evenly over mushroom caps.
- In a small skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over moderately low heat.
- Add bell pepper and sauté 3 minutes to soften.
- Add remaining garlic and sauté 1 minute to release its fragrance.
- Add bread crumbs and blend well.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, parsley and remaining thyme.
- When cool stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a medium hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill then put mushroom caps gill side up on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with any unabsorbed vinaigrette and divide the stuffing evenly among the caps and press it into place covering the gills.
- Cook mushrooms over indirect heat.
- Cover grill but leave vents open.
- Cook until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is crisp about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.