Sesame Coconut CookiesFrom gardener61 9 years ago
- 2 cups butter,softened (NO substitutes!) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups coconut (you can use any type they all work , it just depends on how sweet your tastebuds are!) shopping list
- 1 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar then beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour & salt then gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut,sesame seeds & almonds.
- Split dough into 3 pieces. shape each piece into 10" logs
- Wrap in plastic & refridgerate at least 2 hours to firm
- Unwrap dough cut into 1/4" slices & place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. ( I used parchment paper)
- Bake @ 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes till lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to rack.
- These are a very light , crispy, buttery cookie & with the addition of sesame seeds.................................oh what more can I say but give me another cup of coffee or tea either go great with them, or how about hot chocolate. (sigh) : )
The Cookgardener61 Woolwich, ME
- Not added to any groups yet!