Potato Onion Cheese TartFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 onions, medium diced shopping list
- 8 idaho potatoes, boiled, peeled and julienned shopping list
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup Fontinella cheese, grated shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. dill, finely chopped shopping list
- to taste, salt and pepper shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- to taste, paprika shopping list
- to taste, mustard, coarse shopping list
- to taste, sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 inch fluted pan with a removable bottom.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and saute onions until golden. Reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sauteed onions, grated cheeses, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture and mix gently with a spatula.
- Fill the prepared pan with potato/egg mixture, smoothing top of potato tart with spatula.
- Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for one hour and let cool.
- Wet a thin knife with hot water and trace around the fluted edges of the pan. Unmold and serve warm or at room temperature with coarse mustard and sour cream.
- Note: Asiago and Fontinella cheese may be substituted with 2/3 cup each of Provolone, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses (keep 2 cups total).
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating4 people
Great post, you got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
good post, thank you!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Thanks so much!!! This looks wonderful!neena51 in Hollywood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!