Key Lime CakeFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 1 18.25oz box lemon cake mix shopping list
- 1 3oz box lime jello shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar-sifted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" x 2" baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl,sift together cake mix and jello.
- Add sour cream,milk,eggs,oil,and lime juice and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese,butter,lime juice and zest.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle extra lime zest over the top for garnish.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating3 people
I made this cake today December 2 2009. My family of five enjoyed eating it very much, and it was very easy to prepare.
Yum!!!wildbirdy in Flin Flon loved it
LOVE it! Big fan of lime anything! I even ask for lime in my water in restaurants, instead of lemon! LOL I don't bake often, but, this is on my list to try!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Thanks again my friend for a great posting.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it