Southern-style Bread Pudding With Rum SauceFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 box Bruce's Southern-Style bread Pudding Mix shopping list
- 6 cups loosely packed French bread torn in 1" pieces. shopping list
- rum Sauce: shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. white or dark rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine egg, milk and butter in large mixing bowl.
- Add bread pudding mix, blend well. Stir in bread pieces.
- Pour into 8x8x2" baking dish.
- Bake 50 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- cut into individual portions and cover with rum sauce
- Rum Sauce:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch, stir into butter.
- Pour milk in pan cook stirring frequently until mixture begins to boil.
- continue cooking until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum. Serve warm over bread pudding.